In a town noted for its historic homes, Boothe House Bed and Breakfast and Belle Oaks Inn are the shining stars of grandly renovated and restored homes.
Boothe House Bed & Breakfast
The Boothe House was built in 1913 by Emilie Boothe and her son, Ross (who would later own the property that is now Belle Oaks Inn). Over the years, the house has belonged to several families, but was left vacant in 2004. After sitting unused for more than 5 years, the current owners bought the house in 2010 and another labor of love ensued to bring The Boothe House back to its full beauty. Boothe House Bed and Breakfast opened in 2010 and has been hosting guests ever since.
The owners of these properties take great pride and love in the work that they have done to bring both of these fine homes back to their full potential, maintaining the charm and character of yesteryear with all of today's fine amenities and comforts. Sharing these beauties with guests from around the world make all of their hard work worthwhile. We hope you will enjoy your stay with us!
Belle Oaks Inn
Belle Oaks Inn was built in 1912 by successful banker C.E. Dilworth for his wife Leonora Kockernot and it was their family home for many years. In the 1950s, it was used as dorm rooms for doctors and nurses working at the nearby Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital. When polio was cured and Warm Springs no longer had a need for such a large staff and in 1961, the house was purchased by the Boothe Family who converted the home back into a private residence. After their deaths in the early 1980s, their son, John Ross Boothe Jr had the house boarded up and sat vacant for many years. The current owners purchased the property in 2000 and began a complete renovation project. Since then, it has been lovingly and completely restored to its original grandeur and thoughtfully and tastefully decorated in fine antiques. Belle Oaks Inn opened for guests in 2002.
Copyright© 2008 Victoria Web Design